Monday, August 20, 2012

Not yet the beginning

This is it, the beginning of my blog but I have to tell you, I'm still going nowhere at the moment. Without a job, visiting www.aupair-world.net more than Facebook or Youtube altogether, I really begin to feel frustrated. After sending almost 300 applications to families (281 to be exact) I've got just a few good contacts, and I'm afraid I'll soon end up to a completely wrong family because I tend to lower my standards all the time.

So who am I and why do I want to be an au pair? My name is Elisa. I'm a nineteen-year-old girl from Finland. Just graduated, and didn't get into the University of Turku, so I need something to do this year. This would be my first time as an au pair. I love English, and that is something I want to do in the future. I sent applications mainly to Ireland and UK, and if today's skype call with a English-Spanish family goes well, I'll be living in London for the next 8 months. I'm just the kind of girl that wants to pack everything weeks before leaving so that I'll have everything from wellies to toothpicks with me. Au pair seemed first to be an easy option to go see other cultures, but I've come to realize it's hard work. Wish me luck to today's skype call, and let me jut say I won't get upset if you comment on my mistakes or spelling, that's a great way to learn more. Are you going to be an au pair? If yes, where and why? Let me know!
London, 2011

In Finnish:
Tässä se on, blogini aloitus, mutta tuntuu turhalta kehittää vielä mitään tekstiä, lähes 300 au pair perheille lähettämäni hakemuksen jälkeen olen saanut vasta muutaman hyvän vastauksen. Alkaa turhauttamaan jos totta puhutaan, mutta ei ketään ole sanonut että tämä helppoa olisikaan. Au pair ei ole vain helppo tapa nähdä uutta kulttuuria ja matkustella, vaan se on kovaa työtä ja tämä on vain esimakua tulevasta. Odotan silti innolla tulevaa. Olen vain niitä tyyppejä joitten pitää saad kaikki-heti-mulle-nyt, ja myös niitä ketkä pakkaavat viikkoja etukäteen jotta mukana ovat kaikki saappaista hammastikkuihin ja niin edelleen. Kuka minä olen ja miksi haluan au pairiksi? Olen Elisa, 19 v tuore ylioppilas. Hain Turun humanistisen tiedekunnan Englanti-linjalle, mutta tänä vuonna pääsin vain 30. varasijalle, joten kun vuosi töissä Shell Helmisimpukassa ei enää napannut, päätin että nyt on aika repäistä ja vaan lähteä. Ei se sitten ihan niin helposti sujunutkaan ja nyt sitä ollaan vietetty jo kuukausi työttömänä, mutta hällä väliä pieni loma ja lorviminen voi olla vaan hyvästä. (lue: tä on sitte sitä itsensä huijausta). Toivottakaa onnea että tänään nappais myöhäisillan skypepuhelussa englantilais-espanjalaisen perheen kanssa niin saatan asua seuraavat 8 kk Lontoossa! Oletko sinä lähdössä/ harkinnut au pairiksi lähtöä? Minne ja miksi? Jakakaa :)


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3968580/?claim=9qfne37g3jp">Seuraa blogiani Bloglovinin avulla</a>



No comments:

Post a Comment